Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Explosion



As I observe God's creation around me, I'm awestruck.  This trough clearly defined in the clouds made me hustle home from shopping to get clothes off the line before the rain hit (my amazing daughters had already moved the laundry when I arrived home).  Since it was "cold", I made a turmeric latte, my first one with fresh turmeric and fresh ginger.  Have you ever really looked at turmeric and ginger roots?  They smell amazing, but who in the world discovered that they also tasted great and had anti-inflammatory properties?  I'm reminded of God at work, once again. 

 "He is a lyricist, carving us with words; a singer giving us a song; an author setting the rhyme and rhythm of our lives.  This is the beautiful work of the Holy Spirit, who undergirds us with the truth of Christ, convicts us of sin, transforms us into Christlikeness, and causes us to explode with works and words of worship." 

~Christine Hoover, "Searching for Spring: How God Makes All Things Beautiful in Time"

I needed the lesson to be retaught.  Again.  That the God who created the weather and the roots that are good for our bodies is also at work in me and in those around me.  And the result is an explosion of works and worship.

No comments: