Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Favorite Foods


I don't think I could choose a favorite food, but I certainly have memories heavily associated with food.  Holidays often have traditional foods, but even more precious to me are the people I connect with food.  I have handwritten recipe cards that will be one of the first things I grab if our house ever catches on fire.  And many of the stories we tell around our table to our children revolve around recipes that have been shared.  One of the best conversations starters I know is to ask somebody about their favorite food.


For example, the breakfast casserole recipe we use is from my mom.  It's one of many variations on bread and eggs and cheese.  It came to my mom from a friend at church when my grandfather died.  And now that friend's daughter is married to my youngest brother, so the recipe is doubly special.  So take the time and ask, you never know what you might learn about somebody.

No comments: