Monday, August 10, 2020

Glimpses into my world...


"To stay anchored, we practice what we know.  We hope in the His goodness and trust in His sovereignty to shape our paths.  We don't squirm away from our weakness but instead let it push us to Him.  We loosen the grip we hold on our expectations and let go, then we cling to him like our lives depend on it because they do.  We worship.  We thank Him for what we see and trust Him for what we don't."  ~Gina Brenna Butz, "Making Peace With Change"

One would think I had learned to hold my expectations loosely after living in the Solomon Islands for so many years, but that's a lesson I'm constantly revisiting.  So I'm still learning to cling tenaciously to Jesus like my tomatoes cling to their vines.  I'm seeking to set aside time for intentional worship with songs like Shane and Shane's Vintage album and Smokie Norful's "I Need You Now" (I played for his wedding and taught school at the same junior high, so it's been extra fun to watch his music flourish!).


 With Aaron still gone, I find my Enneagram 9 self tendency toward sloth is even greater, so focusing on nourishing my body, spirit, mind, and heart is more important than ever.  So I'm not neglecting exercise or good nutrition, I'm listening to Christy Nockels podcasts about Psalm 119 and I've downloaded "The Golden Alphabet" which is free right now!  I'm enjoying the beautiful moonrise and worshiping the God who created it when I refill water bottles at the rain tank.  I'm reading #austeninaugust while waiting longer than I anticipated at the doctor's office.  And I'm thanking the Lord for the things I see and trusting Him for what I don't.

No comments: