Sunday, January 17, 2021

Friday, January 15

“Until we learn contentment in God alone, we’ll run far with our earthly desires and worship either their presence or their absence.” -Glenna Marshall, Everyday Faithfulness

Email is another little piece of sandpaper that quickly reveals where I have been looking for life. In the Strengths Finder evaluation, “Connection” tops the list for me. With no internet or phone, our satellite email is the only connection I have with the outside world. For some reason that my very tech challenged brain doesn’t understand, our email situation is different this time. We’re using much more data every time we ping the satellite, and since we pay by how much data we use, we’re paying a lot more during this village stay. The team at JAARS has been absolutely amazing, answering questions, making suggestions, and giving us updated information about our data. But WOW I like my connectivity. I like making a cup of coffee and finally resting in my rocking chair on the porch while our email unit beeps away and brings me words from people I love around the world. On our other village trips, I might do this three or four times a day. Now we are limiting ourselves to hooking up that precious connection to the outside world only once a day, at most, to cut down on costs. I’m a slow learner, thankfully God is patient with me as He reveals places in my life where I have tried to find comfort instead of learning “contentment in God alone.”


No comments: