Sunday, January 17, 2021

Wednesday, January 13

About half an hour after Aaron left to paddle to work with Ezekiel, two of my friends showed up unannounced to weed in my yard. We had already talked about me hiring them to take care of the area around the house during 2021, but I didn’t know when to expect them. Thankfully, I had planned to make a big pot of milked potatoes and pumpkin greens for lunch, so there was plenty to share.


Celebration is the spiritual discipline associated with gratitude. Thus, we look for every opportunity to celebrate God’s presence with us and his activity among us.” -Ruth Haley Barton, Strengthening the Soul of Your Leadership

Twenty-four years ago today, with a ring in one hand and a tub of rocky road ice cream in the other, Aaron asked me to marry him. So today we celebrated with homemade rocky road when Aaron paddled back home. He called it “Rocky Road Resurfaced” because we substituted cream cheese instead of marshmallows. The results delighted us! We look back at the ups and downs of our relationship, and we are so grateful to be able to “celebrate God’s presence with us and his activity among us.”

No comments: