Sunday, January 24, 2021

Saturday, January 23

“It makes perfect sense to me, grace and perseverance. I have learned that to be all grace is to be lazy but to be all perseverance is to be judgmental. A good balance of grace and perseverance pushes us forward without destroying our spirit when we don’t meet a goal, and it continually brings us back to our goals, dreams, and desires in order to remember why we began, how far we have come to get here, and where we ultimately want to go. It gives us permission to not be perfect but to strive toward excellence….I want my life to be marked by grace and perseverance as partners.”

-Annie Downs, Looking for Lovely


Grace AND perseverance. That’s what I’m praying for these days.


Thankfully, I don’t have to muster it up by myself, because both of these qualities are gifts from the Lord.

Grace and perseverance for myself. Grace and perseverance to extend towards others.

No comments: