Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Sunday, January 3

It is not wrong to make resolutions, but it is useless to do so unless we season them well with believing cries to God. Davide intended to keep the law of the Lord but first he needed the Lord of the law to keep him.” 

-C.H. Spurgeon, The Golden Alphabet

I’ve set myself a goal of typing in the hand written translation first drafts for thirty minutes each morning and thirty minutes each afternoon. That’s about all my eyes can handle as I ponder over the cursive written in dull pencil, often over erased portions. I’m still working on Luke, but as soon as I finish it (which will be a while at my very slow pace!), I have Philippians to begin.


The translation team continues to balance drafting scripture with editing, refining, and checking it. Slowly and carefully, the pieces are coming together for the Lavukal to have God’s Word in their own language.

No comments: