Saturday, August 27, 2022

Psalm 23

The focus of your thoughts significantly affects everything else that happens in your life and evokes the feelings that frame your world and motivate your actions. 
~Dallas Willard


I've been hanging out in Psalm 23 lately, thanks largely to this book, "Life Without Lack: Living in the Fullness of Psalm 23" by Dallas Willard.  So many beautiful ways abound to help us focus our thoughts, here are a few I've found that encourage me to meditate on Psalm 23:

-this lovely necklace based on Psalm 23:4 (and it's on sale!)
-beautifully scripted art of prayers inspired by Psalm 23.  I especially love how she phrased the first verse.
-my Psalm 23 playlist on Spotify
-one of my favorite hymn tunes, Nyland, with a paraphrase of Psalm 23.  "In Heavenly Love Abiding", which we found in an old hymn book, seems to be currently out of fashion and terribly difficult to find!


Wherever he may guide me, no want shall turn me back.
My shepherd is beside me, and nothing can I lack.
His wisdom ever waketh, His sight is never dim.
He knows the way He taketh, and I will walk with Him.

 

No comments: