Thursday, August 18, 2022

More July Bounty

We have all things and abound; not because I have a good store of money in the bank, not because I have skill and wit with which to win my bread, but because the Lord is my shepherd.  
~Charles Haddon Spurgeon


Thanks to our dear friends, the Hibbards, Katherine participated in Praise Works for the first time.


While she was playing her cello, mine went into the shop for some major surgery.  In a few months, this old lady will sound amazing and be ready to play for another 150 years. 


We found another surprise text from another adopted son asking if we were available for lunch after church.  Of course, we were!


We're loving the plentiful zucchini this time of year, it seems to be one of the few things growing even with the lack of rain we've experienced this summer.  And zucchini still makes me laugh every time I think about my "swimming bean" blunder!


I'm still in awe at the smooth roads here and just how easy it is to go move in the mornings.  And I'm especially thankful for my hubby that goes along with me to keep me accountable.  As one of my friends reminded me, "It's a mini date every morning."


In July, I finally got to meet my cousin's new baby, sweet Lily.  Two of my cousins and my brother all had babies within weeks of each other, so we are definitely enjoying the baby bounty.



No comments: