Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Honiara Woman's Daybook

For Today...Tuesday, October 11

Outside my window...gray skies, everything is really still.

I am thinking...about my sister who will be getting married this weekend.  Wish I could be there, Liss.

From the learning rooms...yesterday was the last day of school, the kids have a break until we get settled in Marulaon next week.

I am thankful for...all the prayers offered up on behalf of Naomi.  She is healthy enough to go run with me in the mornings!  Her visa has been extended, and we are planning to leave for Marulaon on Sunday, October 16.

From the kitchen...baked French toast for breakfast, leftovers for lunch, Benjamin cooking cheesy bread pudding tonight for company.

I am reading..."Written by Mrs. Bach:  The amazing discovery that shocked the music world" by Martin Jarvis, a gift Aaron brought back from his trip last week.

I am hoping...for calm seas on Sunday.  Yay for Bonine in care packages (thanks, Mama!).

I am creating...lists.  Got to get organized around here.

I am hearing...thunder, SITAG kids playing down on the basketball court, Palestrina's "Missa Papae Marcelli".

Around the house...boxes filling up, Katherine taking a nap, clean clothes on my bed just brought in to escape the coming rain.

One of my favorite things...checking off items on my to-do list.

Pondering these words..."Yes, I see only too clearly how bad people are.  I wish I did not see it so.  It is my own sins that give me so much clarity.  If I did not bear the scars of so many sins to dim my sight and dull my capacity for love and joy, then I would see Christ more clearly in you all....My prayer from day to day is that God will so enlarge my heart that I will see you all, and live with you all, in His love."  --Dorothy Day (and if she had been from the South, she would have said "y'all")

A few plans for the rest of the week...buying plane tickets for furlough, mailing Christmas presents, finishing the newsletter, just wrapping up everything in Honiara and hopping a boat on Sunday.  Bikoi tickets are in hand!

Here's a picture thought I am sharing with you...oh, how I love my children.

5 comments:

Abi's Blog said...

Hi! My it seems like only yesterday you were getting back to Honiara!
Mighty CUTE kids there. Glad Naomi is feeling better - and it thundered and rained here today too! Headed to AWANA...
Love ya,
Ava

The dB family said...

These posts always make me smile. I'm glad Naomi is feeling better! It's starting too look very fall-ish here now.

Love and prayers!
Deborah

quilt'n-mama said...

I love the picture of the kids. Lenna was just asking when you all would be coming back. Praying for you guys as you prepare to head back to the village and praying for the airline tickets.

The Hibbard Family said...

I absolutely love that picture!

Anonymous said...

The wedding was wonderful, Jo, but we missed you! Mom, Rachel, and I sang "My Girl." I'll show you all sorts of stuff in May when we see you--can't wait!

Love,
Liss