Monday, March 23, 2015

In the Land Down Under


Naomi's family is being so gracious, and Sarah and I are really enjoying being in the Melbourne area.  She's been trying on her lovely bridesmaid dress that Naomi's sister made,
 


and we're loving the cooler temperatures and the autumn leaves.  I actually want to wrap my hands around a hot coffee cup.
 

 
We almost always see kangaroos on our morning walks.  And we have to bundle when we exercise because it's chilly!  I've discovered that it is much, much easier to jog here than it is in the Solomon Islands.
 


Saturday afternoon, we attended a high tea at the church where Naomi will be married.  The bride, maid of honor, and bridesmaid looked stunning together!
 


I think my favorite part of the weekend was returning to Essendon Baptist Community Church on Sunday morning.  Singing in English and listening to God's Word being preached in English contrasted sharply with last Sunday in Marulaon where I heard mostly Lavukaleve.  I was reminded of why our family is serving in the Solomon Islands as I soaked up worship in my heart language.

1 comment:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Love the pics :D That is a GORGEOUS one of the two of you, Joanna!

Julie