Saturday, March 21, 2015

Sunday, March 15


I love Sunday afternoons.  After we've played a family game and cleaned up lunch, it's time to get outside and hang out with our amazing neighbors.  And after all of the rain we've had in the last week, today was really the first day that walking around the village and staying dry was possible.
 

I found this sweet bunch of cousins pretending to cook soup in a coconut shell.  Sylvia had recently lost her front tooth, so she was extra cute.  Notice how expertly she is cutting up the hibiscus flowers to go in the soup.  Little ones learn how to handle knives very early here.
 


I moseyed on over to Margaret Rasol's house and visited with her while my kids played nearby.  Our village is divided into three sections, and the Choate kids go play in a different section every day.
 

 
Olivia and Mosta (also known as "Tex" or Hebrews because I shared a text from Hebrews with his grandmother, Margaret Rasol, just before he was born) have a special bond.   
 
 
And these three musketeers have grown up quite a bit since April 2012.
 
 
As we near the end of our stay in Marulaon, we are getting the usual requests for things like ibuprofen, thread, band-aids, yarn, antifungal cream, soap, and laundry detergent.  So, much of my afternoon was spent running up to the house to grab something for a friend.  Somebody even asked us for one of our rat proof buckets, but I had to say no to that request.  But I did get our rat trap back so another friend could borrow it while we are away.
 
 
This little critter on our front bamboo fence was much cuter than a rat as he posed for me to take his picture.

No comments: