Thursday, May 4, 2017

Refreshing

 

Aaron shared for just a few minutes at First Baptist Church in Armstrong on Sunday morning,
 
 
then the rest of the day we enjoyed spending with Henk and Margreet. 
 
 
Resting, playing, laughing.


All things we desperately needed.


Spring is showing up in British Columbia.  When we are in the Solomon Islands, I miss the seasons and their predictable changes.  God reimbursed me this weekend with forsythia, tulips, daffodils, and hyacinths in bloom.
 

 
The next two days were full of more the same kinds of refilling activities.









The highlight of our trip was Herald Park.


Playgrounds are something we don't take for granted.



Henk and Margreet joined us again,
 

and we played hard together.


My experience with waterfalls only extends to Cedar Falls at Petit Jean State Park,

 
nothing prepared me for the beauty and the lush green
 
 
and the coolness and the sheer force of the water pounding down the cliff.


I think Aaron and I could have stayed for hours.





Surrounded by God's beautiful creation and the good friends He has given us,




we could feel the refreshing begin.


3 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

What a beautiful place and wonderful friends!

Andrew and Megan said...

Love all these photos of beautiful BC and your family and the Ungers together! Also, I can almost see Olivia's delight to be jumping on a trampoline again... :)

The Hibbard Family said...

This is a heart happy post. Makes me smile.