Friday, March 22, 2019

Friday Favorite Five


1)  Candace Cameron Bure has a beautiful new line of clothes and jewelry with scripture on them.  Focusing on kindness, these items help bring my mind back to things that are noble, true, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, and praiseworthy (Phil. 4:8).

2) As Aaron and I find ourselves in our mid-40s, we are working hard to be good stewards of our resources, including our bodies.  This article was a good reminder of some things we can be doing as we seek physical health, in addition to taking care of our spiritual, mental, and emotional health.

3)  I'm falling in love with Edward Elgar's music all over again.  His cello concerto, his Serenade for Strings, and a new one to me, "The Dream of Gerontius", which I think we'll be keeping on repeat during Lent.  Elgar (and his moustache) is a keeper.  He obviously loved cellos.


4)  Watching my kids unleash their creativity.  Even when it means messes are sure to follow.  Being a "yes mama" is something I'm still working on, even on kid #4.

5)  These quick and easy make-ahead breakfast recipes.  Eating a good breakfast together as a family each morning starts our day off right with nourishment for our bodies, souls, and minds.

No comments: