Tuesday, October 15, 2024

50th Birthday May 2024

 Our 34th kiss-aversary was the day before my birthday. (Don't do the math, we were way too young to be kissing.) We like to celebrate every possible way as we remember what God has done in our lives.

 When our young adults arrived at our house, they found a table decorated with lipstick kisses and peanut butter cookies with Hershey's kisses interspersed with pictures of their parents.


Aaron asked how I wanted to celebrate my 50th birthday. In a strange turn of events, my introvert husband wanted a big weekend for his celebrations, but I just wanted all my kiddos at home.


We played games like Code Names 


and filled a pew on Sunday morning as we made our own little worship choir.


Sarah made her famous cheesecake, my ubiquitous request for birthday cake.


The love between siblings, even when they are grown, makes me laugh. 


I'm so grateful for this crew and their willingness to come spend time with us, despite the distance and the hassle.





No comments: