Saturday, October 5, 2024

More April 2024

 "May God give you intentionality to shape your weeks with his word, ingenuity to shower your days with his voice, and creativity to punctuate your life and the lives of those around you with fresh routines for regularly availing yourself of his lifegiving words." 

~David Mathis, "Habits of Grace"


With the loss of my job, April brought the opportunity for different, slower rhythms as well as "fresh routines". Several of the orch dorks participated in a musical theater production, so I attended to support their hard work.


Cellotrio observed the Great North American Solar Eclipse, my two favorite aspects were


1) hearing the neighbors all oooohhh and aaaahhh when the ring of fire appeared and the sky went dark


2) the family group chat as each of us in Texas and Arkansas experienced the eclipse and shared our pictures and stories.


Katherine attended her first formal with a bunch of other homeschooled students.


I continued my chemo treatments, rejoicing that I only had two more after this one.


Spring also meant that calves were born, and raw milk was once again available from Richardson Farms in Rose Bud.


The calves were adorable and let me nuzzle them when I picked up my gallons of creamy milk.


This deliciousness is worth the drive!

No comments: