Friday, August 28, 2009

Jisas ngana laketei part 2

Ok, here is the best I can do for the translation of "Jisas Ngana Laketei". We're still working on figuring out what it means, but the first line means "Jesus gives me life". This stanza is the first of five, and each stanza sings of something else that Jesus gives me:
Jisas ngana mifouae ngone ra - Jesus gives me love
Jisas ngana namulae ngone ra - Jesus gives me kindness
Jisas ngana lalo ngone ra - Jesus gives me peace
Jisas ngana logologoe ngone ra - Jesus gives me joy
The other lines praise Jesus, but we don't have a working translation yet :-) However, our kids have every word memorized, so I think once we get back to the village a translation will come quickly!

1 comment:

Nahna said...

That totally amazes me....how I want to hear them sing it for me!!!

prayers and hugs,
Nahna