Friday, August 14, 2009

Me and My Girl

This morning, I was hiding behind the closed door of our bedroom, trying to drink my coffee and read my Bible, when I heard one of my favorite words, "Maaaaammaa!" come from Katherine's lips. I walked over to the door and opened it to find a jaybird little girl with a mop of brown curls. Aaron said she had put her mouth down to the bottom of the door to call me more efficiently.
So, I grabbed my girl, tossed her on the bed, and covered both of us with a quilt. We sang "This Little Light of Mine", "Deep and Wide", and one of my favorite hymns "He Keeps Me Singing" before she began to play peek-a-boo underneath the quilt. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute.

6 comments:

Ruthanne said...

Aw ~ so sweet! :D

LISA said...

Precious moments...I am so glad you are back posting, I missed your updates.
I met Leah and her family at church in June, we both wished you were there. Hope all of you are staying healthy and accident free.

Adam and Ruth said...

Wow, she has gotton sooo big since we've seen her last. Wish we could just pop by your place. but there's a couple of oceans between us and not enough dollars for us to go there!

blessings and love,
-Adam

Arin Rollins said...

How adorable! I love those moments!

Christy said...

Some of my favorite moments are spent snuggling in the bed reading books!

Abi's Blog said...

Again, what a blessing you and your family are to me!