Monday, August 17, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook


Please drop by and visit Peggy who hosts this fun journal!

For Today...Monday, August 17

Outside my window...I miss the view of the ocean that we had in the last house, but I love all of the foliage that surrounds this house!

I am thinking...about the blessing of the band-aids with the antibiotic ointment that came in care packages. We gave away so many band-aids to our friends in the village, and every time we put one on a sore, we were able to say that people in America sent these, and they pray for you.

From the learning rooms...History - Great Depression, Eleanor & Franklin Roosevelt, Sarah - learning how to take notes for her research paper about Florida, learning how to find an average in math, Benjamin - eliminating "being" verbs, adding & subtracting liters and milliliters, Olivia - using the article A or An, beginning multiplication, Katherine - practicing counting 1-5 with some cute cards my mom made and some tiny cars to park on them, Science - finishing up studying our solar system, Language learning - continued singing along with the videos of songs from our village & learning the words and motions

I am thankful for...my incredible husband who recognizes and values our differences.

From the kitchen...pumpkin bread and hardboiled eggs this morning, broccoli and cheese strata for lunch, papaya chicken & coconut rice tonight

I am wearing...sage green t-shirt, a pink and green floral skirt that I bought at a second hand store last week, jade earrings that belonged to my grandmother

I am reading..."The Complete Father Brown" by G.K Chesterson

I am hoping...that we figure out why the water pump keeps quitting on us.

I am creating...a new waistband on a burgundy floral skirt that I bought at a second hand store last week

I am hearing...kids banging on wood scraps underneath the house

Around the house...rearranged furniture to make the house feel more like ours for the next six weeks

One of my favorite things...the results of self-discipline

A few plans for the rest of the week...continuing to work in the Educational Resource Center in the afternoons carding new books, organizing and cleaning; enjoying the company of some SITAG families two different evenings, start Christmas shopping (it has to be done by the beginning of October before we leave for Marulaon)

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture....
Talked to Gran yesterday to say "happy birthday" She asked what I had heard from you. She was having a great day and said that she had heard from you and that bday would be late. I will talk to Pop on Friday.

Love you,
Nahna

Abi's Blog said...

Hi, I'm sure I have seen your email address and now I can't find it... I would love to get an email from you... avanpool@etex.net
Again you all are a great inspiration to me!!!