Monday, August 31, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook


Please visit Peggy and add your own day book.

For Today...Monday, August 31

Outside my window...looks like it's gonna be another hot and sunny day in the Solomons!

I am thinking...about 2 Cor. 2:10-11, "...I have forgiven in the sight of Christ for your sake, in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes." What a difference it would make if I always chose to forgive (and not hang on to personal retribution) but always let the final result be in God's capable hands. What a blow to Satan's crafty schemes if we each chose to live that way!

From the learning rooms...History - Adolf Hitler, Winston Churchill, Josef Stalin, Dwight Eisenhower, beginning WWII, Sarah - revising her research paper, continuing word problems with rate, Benjamin - using details to create his dream room & write a paragraph about it, review of capacity & beginning bar graphs in math, Olivia - writing a friendly letter, sharing & grouping for division, Katherine - continuing with the same activities just bumping the difficulty level up a notch, Science - exploring the micro world, Language learning - charting masculine, feminine, and neuter nouns

I am thankful for...friends and family who continue to communicate and encourage even though we've been gone just over a year

From the kitchen...cheesy brunch roll ups & pineapple this morning, a quick PBJ (except with homemade papaya butter, yum) for lunch, and with company tonight we're enjoying bar-b-cue meatballs, coconut rice, watermelon, green beans with slippery cabbage, spiced pumpkin, and jello poke cake for dessert
I am wearing...comfy cotton pajamas that used to be to be pink and white striped before they were hung out in the sun to dry many, many times

I am reading...nothing new this week, a little too much on my plate

I am hoping...to hear back from Benjamin's eye doctor in Brisbane soon

I am creating...not much! Just enjoying the daily rhythm of taking care of my family.
I am hearing...the lovely sound of a coffee pot finishing up the pot

Around the house...Benjamin's very nice cursive handwriting exercise hung up next to coloring sheets of Marian Anderson, a basket of new WWII picture books to explore, a gift basket waiting for our company tomorrow, the small but full freezer waiting to divulge its contents (the kids can hardly wait to eat waffles)

A few plans for the rest of the week...company comes to stay in our home tomorrow, Aaron helping shuttle all of the visitors from the airport this week, conference starts Thursday so the kids will have a break from school, one more big run to market to stock up on produce

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
Aaron's mom sent this beautiful tablecloth from the 1940's. It belonged to Aaron's great-grandmother, who I only met once in the nursing home before she died. (And, no, I don't iron anything here!)

3 comments:

Nahna said...

Tears fill my eyes, but with a heart full of happiness when I saw the tablecloth adorning your table...thanks for sharing that picture...
God prompted me to send that to you for your anniversary and I am so glad that you truly do use and cherish it.

I love you,
Nahna

Lisa said...

How do you make coconut rice?
I pray Aaron will get well soon and that you will have strength to host company this week.
Beautiful tablecloth ~ made sweeter with memories.

quilt'n-mama said...

I love the table cloth, it is so beautiful!
Miss you guys,
The Conard Crew