Monday, May 9, 2011

Friday & Saturday

Friday, May 6
What do you do when your Mom cuts up your brother's old t-shirt and turns it into cleaning rags?  You make a hat!
Katherine and her hat

Saturday, May 7
Aaron met with Chief Leonard and Chairman Hensi yesterday underneath our house to work out details for the upcoming Translation Principles workshop (May 15-18).  I'm so thankful for the two go-getters!

We enjoyed a downpour last night that filled up all three rain tanks.  Again, we are so thankful for the prayers of people around the world on our behalf.  We are keenly aware that God provides the rain for the tanks and gardens and that He provides the sun for the solar panels and gardens, too.

I went back to my garden today (after stretching out the stiffness yesterday) with Eta and two of her aunts, Tina and Margaret (the other one, not Moses' wife).  Margaret's son, Charles (about 15 or 16 years old) came with us, too. Benjamin and Olivia came for about an hour to help dig ubikola (cassava) and clear away the brush.  Charles dug the heaps while the ladies pulled up umalau and the old vines.  We filled up a huge bag of ubikola and three big bags of umalau.  I told the ladies ahead of time that I would pay them with food.  We worked for about three hours and cleared my entire garden.  We planted back umalau, leaving a small strip on each end of the garden to finish with ubikola and umalau next week.  The work went so much faster with extra hands, and I was particularly thankful for Charles digging the heaps.  I started to dig, but they laughed at me and told me to let Charles dig.  Our whole family has colds right now, and I wasn't feeling particularly eager to dig forty holes in the ground.  Naris told me I was sick because I had been working too much in my garden.

No comments: