Friday, May 6, 2011

Marulaon Daybook

For Today...Monday, May 2
Outside my window...dark and starry, the Companions for the Melanesian Brothers are having a big party complete with singing and dancing
I am thinking...about and praying for the people who are grieving after the storms ripped through the South
From the learning rooms...ancient Greece and Alexander the Great; Sarah - writing a compare and contrast essay, multiplying & dividing whole numbers review; Benjamin - writing a personal journal, percentages review; Olivia - using detailed descriptions in writing, multiplication review, mammals; Katherine - letter P
I am thankful for...people who make the effort to stay in touch!
From the kitchen...motued umalau with thick coconut cream for lunch, tonight, we enjoyed tuna salad to use up some of the fish we received yesterday, and the girls made "peanut butter playdough" (1 cup milk powder, 1/2 cup honey, 1 cup peanut butter) to help celebrate P Week
I am wearing...a sleeveless cotton nightgown.
I am reading...Martha Stewart Living, March 2011, that recently came in a care package.
I am hoping...to learn some new verbs this week.
I am creating...lists of books that I want to order when we go back to Honiara.
I am hearing...the night insects trying to drown out the party down the hill, the small bell ringing to announce choir practice starting soon.
Around the house...clutter and dirt since we had a really long prayer service tonight.  Katherine fell asleep in my arms, and the others went straight to bed after we got home.
One of my favorite things...the sound of rain.
Pondering these words..."God did not call me to be successful.  God called me to be faithful." --Mother Teresa
A few plans for the rest of the week...working a couple of days with Eta to plant and get the ground in really good shape before we go, towards the end of the week the Melanesian Brotherhood will be coming to Marulaon for several days (nobody knows exactly when!)
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...snake bean seeds that went in the ground today.  I love how God put scallops on seeds that will be buried in the ground where nobody can see their intricate design - just because He loves beauty!
snake bean seeds

1 comment:

Kirstie said...

Occasionally I like to stop in to see what the Choate family is up to- glad I did today. That quote from Mother Theresa encouraged me so much this morning. What a load off the shoulders that takes, and yet I forget it just about every day! Thank you.