Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Advent Weekend Wonders

"Let this Christmas season be a renewing of the mind of Christ in our thinking, and a cleansing of our lives by His pure presence. Let His joy come to our weary world through us."
~Gerald Kennedy

 

IMG_5683 - Copy (309x480)

This quote struck me as it linked together renewing our minds and cleansing our lives with the result of Christ's joy in us overflowing and spilling onto those around us. I love watching my kids blossom. Sarah is the perfect example of this quote, a blessing to all of us who share space with her, and a reminder to constantly seek these truths.

IMG_5697 - Copy (480x480)

Sunday morning, we woke up to find a HUGE green bug on the arm of my rocking chair. God's creation is so very amazing. One of the things we heard over and over again when we were visiting with the LEMCO investors was that we live in "paradise." Our surroundings are gorgeous and continually shout the handiwork of the Creator.

IMG_5699 - Copy (480x320)

Baby Samuel was born during our last trip to the village, and I spent much time in praying for him and his sickly start. Now he has grown into a healthy little boy who smiles often and spends a lot of time snuggled up next to his grandmother, my friend Ofoaen. I'm so grateful.

2 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

I love the bug!!! Love your family more :D

Is that the baby you thought might be tongue-tied? Was he? Looks adorable :D

Mollie said...

Dear friends, we are praying for you all as we heard the news of the earthquake and tsunami watch!