Thursday, September 20, 2012

 Maybe my sense of humor is a little bit odd, but didn't anybody think that Katherine's version of maroon was funny?  I had to stifle my laughter after she named that beautiful color "Camaroon".


This morning, the kids and I were just starting out for our morning exercise when we noticed a different kind of bird flying overhead.  We looked up and saw five or six of these beautiful green "parrots" had settled in the tree on the edge of the church parking lot to enjoy the berries.  We felt like we were back in Marulaon!  Anybody know what kind of birds they are?


Love Loud is almost here!  Our family walked over to the church this afternoon to help stick labels on water bottles.  Saturday, Aaron and the younger kids will be passing out bottles to thirsty visitors while Sarah and I work with visiting children.  If you live in the area, come on over and help us.  The more, the  merrier!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course the "Camaroon" comment was hilarious! What really cracked me up, though, was that face. By the way, even though it was used...creatively, I think it says something about the great education your kids are getting that Katherine was able to pull the word "Camaroon" up in her head; how many four-year-old Americans are familiar with that country, even incidentally? Nice job, Mama Teacher.

Love, Liss

Abi's Blog said...

Do you think someone just turned their pets loose? It looks like a parrot to me - Didn't you say you were having trouble attracting birds and butterflies! :)
Blessings,
Ava