Monday, September 17, 2012

Texas Woman's Daybook


For today...Monday, September 17

Outside my window...drizzly and a little cool (whoohoo!)

I am hearing...Philip Glass' Double Concerto for Violin, Cello and Orchestra, the washing machine spinning (I never get over the awe of how easy it is to do laundry here!)

I am thinking...about Mondays.  They always seem to be a day of catching up from a busy weekend and a day full of errands.  Katherine, my little helper, keeps me company and gives me encouragement as I try to check things off my list before I run out of steam at the end of the day

I am praying...for two families flying across the ocean right now on their way to new lives in the Solomon Islands.  Welcome to the team!

A heart of thanksgiving...that Benjamin's viola finally came.  That boy has been waiting so long, and I'm so excited for him to have the opportunity to make music this way.

I am wearing...exercise clothes in preparation for PE this morning

I am creating...nothing.  But if I were, it would be these cute loyalty and kindness necklaces.


From the kitchen...Indian Chicken in the crockpot to help us with a quick and early exit for Southwest Children's Choir rehearsal tonight.  Love my crockpot!

In the learning rooms...early 1700's, so we're listening to a lot of Bach and Handel

Around the house...a pair of beautiful pillowcases that my aunt embroidered for our wedding present.  They were special then, but they become more precious every day.



Noticing that...the scale is going the right direction!  Ten pounds down, forty to go to help me be healthy and strong before we return to the Solomons next summer.

Pondering these words..."The mouth of the righteous man utters wisdom, and his tongue speaks what is just. The law of his God is in is heart; his feet do not slip."  Psalm 37:30-31

A few plans for the rest of the week...children's choir tonight, then just "normal" life until my mom comes on Friday

A peek into my corner of the world...our family visited First Baptist Church in Genoa, Arkansas for a fast and furious trip.  We got to catch up with some friends from seminary and share about Bible translation.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

VIOLA?!? That is so cool! We second children play the most interesting instruments, you know. Tell that kiddo that I'll be excited to see that viola when I visit in October. It's so lovely to get a glimpse into your daily lives via this blog, sis. Thanks for sharing this kind of stuff.

Love,
Liss

LISA said...

Yeah Benjamin...the world does not have enough violists, Jacob will be so pleased to hear about your new adventure.

I went to Louisa May Alcot's home last week. They were an interesting family. She wrote Little Women, BY HAND, in three months time.

Praying you have a wonderful week and that my scale will follow yours:)

Leslie said...

Do you know Dr. Robert Longacre? He was with Wycliff for a bazillion years. We used to go to church together.

Lovely post! Congrats on the weight loss. I am still struggling with my journey....and probably always will.

The dB family said...

Love the peeks into your day and week. I was on a roll with the weight loss, but not these days. So much for the cowboy boots I really wanted.

Blessings!
Deborah

Herding Grasshoppers said...

I love reading your daybook :D Hurray for the viola, and congrats to you on the ten pounds!

Julie

Choate Family said...

Liss, Benjamin is excited to show off his viola skills when you come.

And for you fellow "battle of the bulge" warriors, it's a constant battle for me, too. God gave us so many amazing foods to enjoy and so many great people with whom to share the food :-) I'm just trying to be a good steward of my body and to be healthy and strong again. My family has been super about coming on this journey with me, may you have encouragers on your journey as well!

Joanna