Saturday, September 15, 2012



We each have a list of things that we want to do to help us "fill back up" while we are back in America.  For Aaron and me, going on dates again and attending symphony concerts are two of the things on our lists.  Last night, we were able to do both!

We love sitting in the choral terrace in the Meyerson Symphony Center.  


Since Aaron and I had both played three of the four pieces on the program, we knew where to look and when to listen for different instruments.  I had a hard time sitting still.  Oh my. Pines of Rome ended the concert with a terrific bang!  I wanted to play at this level again so badly that tears streamed down my face, but right now I'm content to practice on my own and to sound like I'm in high school again.  What a gift to be able to enjoy music this way again.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Look how cute ya'll are! What fun to enjoy something you both love. Soak it up!

Bartokhound said...

I agree wtih Wayside Wanderer - you two are the cat's meow, cute as a button, cute on a stick (I don't think that's a real saying), and on and on and on! Joanna, you look so beautiful, and, Aaron, so handsome. :-) I'm going to have to email you the picture my friend took when his symphony played Elgar and Dvorak with Yo-Yo Ma in Lubbock last week. I was SO upset I couldn't be there!!!

Love,

Kayla

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Wish there was a way for you to enjoy playing your cello in the Solomons, but so glad you get to bask in the music now :D

Julie

quilt'n-mama said...

So glad you got to enjoy the evening together, it sounds like it was awesome! I love the cute date pic too:) Have a great week!

The dB family said...

Oh my heart!! What a fantabulous evening! So thankful to read that you are finding time for each other doing things you enjoy!

Blessings!
Deborah

The Hibbard Family said...

One of the most beautiful couples I know. It's such an answer to prayer to know that God's making dates possible!! :-)