Monday, September 10, 2012

Texas Woman's Daybook



For today...Monday, September 10

Outside my window...we're finally attracting butterflies with the lantana!


I am hearing...Benjamin experimenting on the piano, he could sit and play for hours

I am thinking...about how to celebrate Autumn around here.  We have to make up for lost time, so I'm thinking some candles and soap and pumpkin crunch bars from The Back in the Day Bakery Cookbook we just purchased

I am praying...for the first box (hopefully of many) with books for Fly Harbour School in the Russell Islands that is about to make its way across the Pacific Ocean.

A heart of thankfulness...for my husband who encouraged me to buy a bird feeder so we can attract some songbirds to our sweet little home surrounded by the church parking lot

I am going...to the post office, library, and grocery store

I am reading..."Newton and the Counterfeiter" by Thomas Levenson, at least it's in my bag.  I love the stage of life I'm in right now, and I wouldn't trade it for anything, even extra time to read.

From the kitchen...pumpkin muffins for breakfast, tuna salad for lunch, and chicken vegetable pie for an early supper

In Choate Academy...we're flying toward 1700 and loving being Baroque

Around the house...it's messy.  Being busy isn't good for us, and it isn't good for the house, either.

Noticing that...I need to work on tongue control more.  Getting a little lax about what comes out of my mouth lately, so it's time to focus on Ephesians 4:22-32 again.

Something I want to remember for later...our "chaperoned" planning date at the White Rhino tonight while the big three were at choir rehearsal.  As we walked up the sidewalk, I reminded Katherine that she had to be quiet inside.  Her reply:  "I'll be silent.  Just like the "e" at the end of my name."  How I love that girl!



Pondering these words..."What do we teach our children?...We should say to each of them:  Do you know what you are?  You are a marvel.  You are unique...You may become a Shakespeare, a Michelangelo, or a Beethoven.  You have the capacity for anything."  ~Pablo Casals

A few plans for the rest of the week...the big kids start their rehearsals with the Southwest Children's Chorus tonight (so excited!), company Thursday night, a date to the Dallas Symphony Friday night, and leaving on Saturday to go visit First Baptist Church, Genoa, AR

A peek into my corner of the world...I had to pinch back my geraniums, so I plopped the blooms in a pretty glass from a friend to brighten up my desk


3 comments:

Abi's Blog said...

So glad the butterflies have decided to visit the lantana! I think I probably need to pinch back my geraniums as well.
Enjoyed your daybook.
Blessings,
Ava

quilt'n-mama said...

I hope you have a great week, sounds busy but fun! I love the quote, Awhile back at a conference I was at, one of the speakers talked about how we get caught in the web of telling our children "no"and what they need to improve on more than telling them how precious they are. WHen life gets busy I find myself easily falling into that trap with my words too.

Choate Family said...

We're in the same boat, friend! It's a trap that just keeps changing its bait and my mouth gets me almost every time :-(