Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Packing


We've started shopping to fill up the big shipment that three SITAG families will be sharing.  What, you might ask, do you put in a crate that will be shipped across the Pacific Ocean?  Here's just a tiny sample of the contents:
 
 
Deodorant...for sure!
 

 
 Our favorite seasickness medicine for those bumpy ship rides on the Kosko or the Bikoi
 

Medicine for the little ones in Marulaon Vilage...
 


...and colored hair bands for the little girls in the village.
 

 
And we've got hundreds of band-aids to give to the many, many people who come to our door in Marulaon.  I've also ordered powdered eggs for our village stay and our school curriculum for next year.  Thanks for your prayers as we continue to fill up the boxes that will soon be on their way to the Solomon Islands.
 
Aaron is working to build a library for each of the four Lavukal translators - Ezekiel, Matthew, Simon, and Albert.  Would any of you be willing to "sponsor" a translator?


7 comments:

The dB family said...

Wow! What a job! I would think that it could be fun, but a little stressful too. Prayers for wisdom, strength, and continued blessings are being sent your way.

Hugs!
Deborah

Choate Family said...

Deborah, it IS a little stressful! I'm way out of my comfort zone every single day, and I think that's exactly where God wants me to be :-)

Joanna

Leslie said...

I'm always interested in seeing what things are needed so this was a fun post. What would sponsoring a translator look like?

Herding Grasshoppers said...

That's a LOT of planning required for all that packing! I'm amazed at all you do,

Julie

Doug Hibbard said...

send us here in Almyra a list of what you need to sponsor a translator--or an amount, whatever it is. May be able to do something

Choate Family said...

Wow! Thanks for the interest in sponsoring a translator. We're trying to start simply, and helping out could be as easy and cheap as buying a package of ball-point pens or more expensive like purchasing a study Bible. I'll send you two an e-mail to help get the ball rolling, and if anybody else has questions, please e-mail me at Joanna underscore choate at sil dot org

no spring chicken said...

How wonderful it is to follow your family from the islands and back again. I'm so blessed to be able to visit here and witness how the Lord is moving in the lives of you, your children and the many people who you come in contact with. I've enjoyed reading through the past posts that I've missed and must say that now.. I'm hungry! Beautiful food! :)

Blessings, Debbie