Monday, September 2, 2013

Honiara Woman's Daybook

Just for today...Monday, September 2
 
Outside my window...rainy and cloudy.  We've had several days of rain in a row, and the line to have your sheets washed is getting longer and longer, but  I'm loving the cooler weather!
 
From the learning rooms...the kids are coming along nicely on piano now that we are settled into a routine, we've turned the corner into the 1700s, and now I want to take the family to Williamsburg, VA.

Noticing that...my ear is beginning to feel much better.  Thanks for all of the prayers!
 
On my bookshelf...almost finished with "Dearie:  The Remarkable Life of Julia Child" and loving every minute of it.
 
One of my favorite things...Bic clic sticks in every color of the rainbow
 
Pondering these words... "Somehow becoming a woman of self-discipline honors God and helps me live the godly characteristic of self-control."  ~Lysa TerKeurst
 
Crafting in the kitchen...lasagna tonight with head chef Olivia
 
A few plans for the rest of the week...heading to a plant nursery this afternoon, company coming a couple of evenings, lots of meetings, and sending Aaron off to Marulaon Village on Saturday
 
A peek into my corner of the world...Katherine has been soaking up Olivia's study of magnets and experimenting with her letter magnets.  Each side of the knife got a spelling word, then she would wipe the slate clean.
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the butter knife idea!!! Totally going to do this with Shannon as we learn more letters and get closer to spelling.

Love, Liss

Bartokhound said...

Way to spell, Katherine! And, thank you, Lord, for the healing in Joanna's ear - a real answer to our prayers!
Love,

Jayla