Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sweet Sabbath


"We are trav'lers on a journey,
Fellow pilgrims on the road;
We are here to help each other
Walk the mile and bear the load....

I will weep when you are weeping,
When you laugh, I'll laugh with you;
I will share your joy and sorrow,
Till we've seen this journey thro'.

Some of our SITAG colleagues returned from the village last night.  We haven't seen them since March when we both lived in Texas.  Their ship ride took thirty six hours, and we've been praying through during every waking moment.  When they finally called to say they were pulling into Honiara, we jumped into to the van and raced down to the wharf.  We pulled up, I watched their ship turn around and my phone rang, all at the same time.    It was my friend on the ship, calling to let me know that the sea was too rough for them to dock, so the ship was headed over to a smaller, industrial park sort of area to land.



We raced the ship to the other side of town and just a few minutes later we were happily hugging necks and carrying boxes off the ship.  After a good night's sleep and an early church service this morning, we gathered for lunch today to celebrate their return to Honiara and to eat one of Sarah's cheesecakes because of a special birthday that we missed earlier in the week. 


Sunday afternoon was full of fellowship and people coming and going all afternoon.  Even our friend Leku came by with her niece and a toddler to chat for a little while.  I love living in a community like this!


4 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

What a blessing the family of God is :D

quilt'n-mama said...

What fun to be together again! The cheesecake looks amazing! I am so thankful for your SITAG Family there to encourage and support one another. Praying for the Conference as well!

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for your example in observing the Sabbath. It has encouraged me to do follow this discipline where I'm at now. Love y'all! <3 -Edi

The Hibbard Family said...

How precious! Love seeing posts like this.