Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Nutoli Update


As the time for our departure draws nearer, I find myself listening to Rene Clausen's "Prayer" over and over and over again.  With lyrics by Mother Teresa, this beautiful setting expresses my feelings of what my perfect attitude in the village (or anywhere) would be.  

"Help me spread your fragrance wherever I go.  Flood my soul with your spirit and life.  Penetrate and possess my whole being so utterly that my life may be only a radiance of Yours.  Shine through me and be so in me that every soul will feel Your presence in my soul.  Let them look up, look up and see no longer me but only You.  Amen."


Nutoli, our little copra tub, originally scheduled Tuesday night as the departure date, but yesterday when Aaron went to the wharf, no Nutoli.  So he called and discovered that the ship had gone to Auki and wouldn't be back in time for a Tuesday night trip.  Now we're scheduled (and I use that term very loosely) for a Wednesday night departure, which gives us just a little bit more breathing room.


We closed down the kitchen yesterday with baking for the ship and for our first breakfast in the village.  Today we cooked and drew on our eggs for the ship.  After spending all night on the rolling deck, I anticipate we will need a little bit of joy in our lives.


Just a reminder that we will be off the grid while we are in the village, so no internet.  For the first time, we'll be using satellite email, our only option for staying in touch.  Please remember to keep messages short and not to include any attachments since we'll be paying by how much data goes back and forth.  My kind friend, Ann, will keep the blog up and running for us as I can send her email updates.  Thanks for your prayers and encouragement!

No comments: