Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Birthday Bash


My birthday started with a bang as some neighbors came to serenade me and then stayed to eat breakfast with us.  What a fabulous way to kick off a new year of life!
 

Another amazing thing that helped us celebrate?  An unexpected phone call while I was at the gym.  I saw the screen light up with my uncle's name.  He rarely calls, and one of my cousins was expecting a baby any day, so I assumed it was baby news.  When I returned his call, he asked if I was busy subbing at school.  After we talked for a moment, he offered the use of his time share in Branson, and one of the options was the day after my birthday!  We jumped at the opportunity.


Olivia is living in Siloam this summer, working, taking summer school, and staying with a JBU professor's family, so she drove and met us for the long Memorial Day weekend.


The apartment offered a pocket of peace,


as well as a place to play.  And, yes, my family photo comes with me whenever we travel.


This was one of those times where we didn't realize just much we needed to rest.  Busiek State Forest provided the perfect trail to enjoy God's creation and play together.  We picnicked at a bend in the creek,


and waded in deeper than we anticipated with much giggling.  We're not the touristy Branson kind of people, so this was just right.


As our little nod to playing tourists, we did try Revive Juice and Coffee Bar on our way out of town.  Absolutely delicious!


No comments: