Thursday, July 14, 2022

June Kickoff

My mouth will tell of your righteous deeds, of your saving acts all day long - though I know not how to relate them all.  I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, Sovereign LORD; I will proclaim your righteous deeds, yours alone.  Since my youth, God, you have taught me, and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.  
Psalms 71:15-17


Once again, we hit the road, this time in two vehicles.  God provided a vehicle for Olivia that fit our budget!  She has been so patience and never complained about not having a car, but with Benjamin getting married and leaving Siloam Springs, she really did need a way to travel.


We enjoyed our brief stay with Olivia's host family during the first week of June.  They even had a fire pit in the back yard where we made s'mores.  We keep a bag stocked with ingredients at all times :)
 

The evening was beautiful, and we enjoyed lots of laughing with these people we love so very much.


By God's design, the primary channel for learning ones' identity, for having needs met, for understanding who God is, and for developing relationships -- is the family.  Relationships, especially those in families, are powerful.


In families we can acquire a deeply ingrained sense of defectiveness and never measuring up -- or we can develop the inner strength and outside skills to fully function as healthy human beings.



We had never explored this part of Siloam Springs before, and City Lake Park provided a beautiful space for my morning jog before church.


No comments: