Thursday, March 27, 2014

Crab


When Margreet and I went shopping for all the new arrivals coming earlier this week, I found that a fresh load of mud crabs arrived with our friends on the ship.
 
 
The crabs were a good price, so I picked up two of them, and today we introduced Margreet to the wonders of mud crabs.  Growing up in Arkansas, I didn't know what to do with seafood when we arrived here in the Solomons.


But my friends here have been gracious to teach me how to cook and eat the creatures God put in the ocean.


Picking out all of the little pieces of crab was a team effort that took a long time for only a small bowl of crabmeat, but we're looking forward to sharing our seafood gumbo with some treasured company tonight.
 

1 comment:

The dB family said...

Hah! And here I thought you could just boil them and eat them. Shows you how much I know about sea food. :o) Gumbo is so gooood! Enjoy!