Monday, March 10, 2014

Honiara Woman's Daybook



Just for today...Monday, March 10
 
Outside my window...Cyclone Lusi is leaving and Cyclone Hadi is on its way here, so I have laundry piled up waiting for a sunny day.
 
A heart of thankfulness...for a husband that bounced back quickly from the stomach virus.  And he didn't share it with the rest of us, either!
 
Noticing that...I surprised myself this morning.  Aaron and I were walking home from exercising, and we were discussing pre-nasalization in Solomon Islands' languages.  Especially Lavukaleve.  I'm becoming a linguistic nerd.
 
 
From the kitchen...chicken noodle soup tonight.  Perfect for a rainy day!
 
From the learning rooms...Teddy Roosevelt.  Some of my favorite picture books in the basket right now:  "The Camping Trip that Changed America" by Barb Rosenstock, "Bully for You, Teddy Roosevelt" by Jean Fritz, "One Bad Thing About Father" by F.N. Monjo, and "Young Teddy Roosevelt" by Cheryl Harness
 
A peek into my corner of the world...fun times last night with Henk and Margreet.


Homemade pizza is our Sunday tradition here in the Solomons, and we added friends and a game of Carcassonne to finish up our weekend beautifully.
 
 
 

2 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh, your pizza is making me hungry! So glad Aaron is feeling better :D

Julie

Leslie said...

I always enjoy these posts! Sounds like a very nice day and the pizza looks super yummy!