Friday, March 7, 2014

God's love and Fruit Roll-ups

 
God's love never ceases to amaze me.  A while back, we received a surprise care package from my cousin in Louisiana.  The box included some yummy Valentine's candy which we thought was too good to keep to ourselves.  So we stuck some candy into the care package we sent out on the boat last night, including Fruit Roll-ups.  The boat arrived at our friends' village early this morning, and I quickly had this e-mail waiting in my in-box:


"So I have to tell you how God soooooo continues to 'give oil for my head and wine for my stomach' - the reason I wanted the jello is to do a science project where the kids make edible cell models - the older kids always loved this project - and I have various bits here for the parts of the cell, like some peanuts and choc chips and some sprinkles and even some red hots, you get the idea.  But the endoplasmic reticulum is always a hard one (lasagna noodles work =) and one suggestion was fruit roll ups because they are skinny and can be accordion folded and I almost asked to see if you or anyone had any fruit roll ups/leather in your stash, but didn't, because really, how outlandish is that?!  So of course, what does God have you put in our box?  Packets of fruit roll ups!  And how about that God put it in someone's head/heart to send them to you in the first place and then for you to share them.  Gives me goosebumps and brings tears to my eyes to be loved to that level."

3 comments:

The Hibbard Family said...

Oh what big smiles! Love stories like this!

Anonymous said...

So much Love in this story!

-Edi

The dB family said...

Ohhh, it gives me goosebumps too! I love goosebump stories like this!