Monday, March 24, 2014

Hand-holding-versary

Are we not like two volumes of one book? ~Marceline Desbordes-Valmore


Twenty-four years ago, Aaron and I were sitting in a movie theater watching "Hunt for Red October" with a bunch of friends, when he mysteriously reached over and held my hand.  That was the beginning of the great journey God had planned for our lives.  Today, I don't get to hold Aaron's hand because he is still out in Marulaon Village waiting for the ship, and in this culture, I can't hold his hand in public. I'm so thankful for the man God has given me and look forward to many more years of holding hands!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

What a cute picture! Hope you two get to be together again soon.

Anonymous said...

Your love story is a rare thing and very beautiful. I'm so glad I've gotten a front-row seat! Love to you both.

--Liss

Bartokhound said...

Ooooh, I love this! And that dress, Joanna! That would never cut the muster in the SI, would it?! I can see, though, why Aaron wanted to hold your hand and grew to want to share his life with you. I just love looking at you two, thinking of what you must have felt and thought at that time - how you had no idea what God had in store for you (your children, Wycliffe, SI, etc.). It's awesome!

Love,

Kayla

The dB family said...

Awww, I love this!! May you enjoy many more hand-holding-versaries.

Blessings!
Deborah

us5 said...

sweetness. ♥