Friday, March 21, 2014

Spring has Sprung!

To help celebrate the beginning of Spring in our passport country, Sarah made an Orange Chiffon Cake.  She opted not to make the marshmallow flower decorations but played with fondant flowers instead.


All the girls worked together to make masterpieces of sugar cookie art.  Benjamin is usually in the middle of the kitchen, too, but we just borrowed the microscope from the ERC and he was engrossed in the wonders of small things. 
 
 
The year's at the spring,
And day's at the morn;
 
 
Morning's at seven;
The hill-side's dew-pearled;
 
 
The lark's on the wing;
The snail's on the thorn;
 
 
God's in His heaven --
All's right with the world!
~Robert Browning

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness, I am SUPER impressed with their artistry! Any cake/cookie decorating I've attempted has turned out more hilarious than beautiful--definitely not my talent. I love seeing what your kiddos can make.

Love,
Lissa

Cindy said...

Beautiful girls! Beautiful cookies and cake!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Absolutely love that last photo - lovely!

Leslie said...

Happy spring! Love those pretty flowers. Surely they are too pretty to eat. :)

Anonymous said...

those girls!!!!!

I love them!! Hello to Sarah and Katherine and Olivia!

MUCH LOVE from Beijing,
Edi

The dB family said...

I'm actually in New Orleans as I am typing this, but it still wasn't looking too spring-like at home when we left. Perhaps the engineer and I will be able to bring some warmth and sunshine home with us.

Sarah's cake is beautiful!!