Sunday, July 28, 2013

Holly Grove, Arkansas

 
 

We were so glad we got to go back and spend a little bit of time with my aunt, uncle, and cousins on Thursday,
 

 
especially because my uncle had triple bypass surgery only a couple of weeks ago.
 

 
While my aunt and I perused books and chatted the hours away, everybody else played hard:  on the piano,
 

 
on the zipline
 

 
 
on the rope swing, on the basketball court, on the badminton court,
 
 
in the imaginary world of cooking outside,
 

 
and in learning a game from Marulaon village.  Our family was sore the next day.
 


The Schalchlin side of my family is special, and I found a couple of quotes that sum us up quite nicely:

 
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.  ~Unknown
 


You don't choose your family.  They are God's gift to you, as you are to them.  ~Desmond Tutu

 

1 comment:

Leslie said...

What a great name for a town. Holly Grove sounds like the town in a comforting bit of fiction maybe about a teacher or a pastor. :) I'm so glad you are getting enjoy the blessing of visiting with so many friends and family. I hope you are feeling encouraged, strengthened and full like after a good feast.