Monday, July 29, 2013

Memphis, Tennessee


Saturday afternoon, we met a friend at La Baguette to continue our celebration of Sarah's birthday with some fabulous pastries.
 
 

After we devoured the yummy treats, we walked over to the Memphis Central Library.  We just can't seem to stay away from books!  Their kids' section is wonderfully big and colorful.
 
 


My observant friend noted, "Your blog posts are getting sadder and sadder."  I guess she's right.  Saying goodbye, especially in our beloved Memphis, gets harder every time we hug a neck.  But if it didn't hurt to say goodbye, something would be wrong.
 

 
Why can't we get all the people together in the world that we really like and then just stay together?  I guess that wouldn't work.  Someone would leave.  Someone always leaves.  Then we would have to say good-bye.  I hate good-byes.  I know what I need.  I need more hellos.  ~Charles M. Schulz

3 comments:

Bartokhound said...

I agree wtih your friend's wise observation (your posts are getting sadder and sadder); however, I'm thankful for our second chance to say "goodbye" on Friday. We thought our goodbyes were already done. Thank you, Lord!
Jayla

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH!!!!! <3
Love, Edi

Anonymous said...

So, I'm observing that Sarah has a new favorite hair style, huh? Feeling a little jazzed about sending that across the ocean with you all. Who's braiding it--you or Sarah?

Love,
Liss