Thursday, June 16, 2016

June 12

Sunday, June 12
Sweet Sabbath
Spend much time in prayer. Spend even a greater time in holy adoration. Read the Scriptures earnestly and consistently. Watch your life carefully. Live near God. Take the best examples for your models. Let your speech be the fragrance of heaven. Let your heart be perfumed with affection for lost souls. Live so that everyone will know that you have been with Jesus.” 
 ~Charles Spurgeon

When Aaron and I settle into the morning routine, I sit on the porch and he sits at the dining room table. We're only separated by a few feet and a screen, so sometimes we chat a little and share a little bit about what we are reading or a thought that has popped up. This morning, Aaron teased me about watching the nature channel. I couldn't help it. In front of me was this vast panorama of God's creation, just singing His praises.
 
 

The mango trees have exploded in baby leaves that start with a blush of red and then deepen as they grow bigger. That's so different from my North American world where leaves start off green and only turn red at the end of their lives!
 
 
Little worms were dangling from the mango tree just a few feet in front of the porch, birds were enjoying the feast of insects that were hovering around the newly blossoming mogea (bush apple) tree just down the hill, and the current was making little ripples in the ocean as the tide went out.
 
Three little green worms wiggled their way up their thin strand connected to the mango leaves, then all of a sudden, a moth swooped down and struggled to grab one of the worms for breakfast. The moth won.



But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble. You are my strength, I sing praise to you; you, God, are my fortress, my God on whom I can rely.” Psalm 69:16-17


No comments: