Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Marulaon Woman's Daybook

Marulaon house
Just for today...Monday, July 7
Outside my window...lines of people waiting to get water out of our rain tanks. 
girls at rain tank 7-7
From the learning rooms...no school today because it's Solomon Island Independence Day.  But we did do a microscope experiment looking at well water that had been sitting in jars for several days.
science experiment jars 7-7
  The jar with the powdered egg was so much fun to observe with all of the squiggly life inside! 
Benjamin & microscope
On my bookshelf...The Elegance of a Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery.
From the kitchen...the kids asked for Solomon Islands food that we sometimes take to potlucks here, white rice mixed with canned tuna and Chinese cabbage.
One of my favorite things...my bookmark from Katherine.
bookmark
A heart of thankfulness...for the ladies who were on my porch just a few minutes ago measuring their feet.  I'll be buying sports shoes for the ladies' Marulaon soccer team when we go back to Honiara.  Sarah has started playing with them, so I'm happy to help out.
Pondering these words... “The Lord does whatever pleases him, in the heavens and on the earth, in the seas and all their depths.  He makes the clouds rise from the ends of the earth; he sends lightning with the rain and brings out the wind from his storehouses.”  (Psalm 135:6-7)  We still really need some rain.  Lots and lots and lots of rain.
A peek into my corner of the world...this little one, a recent transplant to Marulaon, has taken a liking to me.  Any time I walk over to his house, he RUNS to greet me and gives me a huge hug around my legs! 
little boy 7-7

No comments: