Friday, July 25, 2014

Monday, July 21


Aaron putt-putted over to Louna village this morning to meet with the four Lavukal translators again.  Communication and coordinating schedules among five different people on five different islands continues to be a challenge.  The best way to get in touch with each other?  Paddle over yourself! 
 

While I was snapping photos of Aaron getting ready to leave, I looked over my shoulder and saw Soima sitting on top of her daddy's busted canoe.  I shouted her name and she turned and grinned just as I took the picture.  Her smile is sweet, just like her grandmother's (Ofoaen) smile.
 
 
Aaron finally got off, and the rest of us dug into packing.  Yesterday, the ship's crew said they anticipated returning on Thursday, so we're trying to get ready.  One of the things we needed to do was to transplant tomato seedlings, a perfect job for a grandmother with two able granddaughter assistants!
 


No comments: