Sunday, July 13, 2014

Marulaon Woman’s Daybook

Marulaon house
Just for today...Monday, June 30
Outside my window...wing bean vines finally crawling up their supports.  I planted them two months ago, but with the lack of rain they have been slow to grow.
From the learning rooms...Sarah & Benjamin will set up an experiment to grow some fresh water organisms.  We don't have a pond, so the well will have to do! 
On my bookshelf...Rhinestone Jesus:  Saying yes to God when sparkly, safe faith is no longer enough by Kristen Welch, another gift from my thoughtful friend, Gayly.  She knows how much I love books and that I miss my library and my Barnes and Noble.
One of my favorite things...the curls framing Sarah's face
Sarah's curls 6-30
I am hearing...long lines of people at the rain tanks in front of our house.
A heart of thankfulness...for people who take the time to stay connected with us out in a remote village setting.
Around the house...our favorite granola bars in a container on the cabinet, sheets that really need to be washed when we have enough water, and tomato seedlings growing on the front porch.
Pondering these words..."When you're running a race, you can sprint because the race only lasts a short time.  But when you sprint day in and day out, you use up what God has supplied for emergencies."  ~Mimi Wilson
A few plans for the rest of the week...Aaron was gone all day fishing on Saturday, and yesterday he attended a Translation Committee meeting in Nono village and didn't return until after the kids were in bed.  Thankfully, the rest of this week looks pretty "normal" and quiet.
A peek into my corner of the world...next door, a puppy running off with the treasure of a recently scraped coconut shell
puppy

No comments: