Sunday, May 17, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook


How 'bout creating your own daybook and heading over to Peggy's to share...

For today, Monday, May 18

Outside my window...darkness, I miss seeing the moon and stars as clearly as we did in Marulaon

I am thinking...about my sister who got married and graduated from college this weekend and how much I wish I could have been there to hug her neck and tell her how special she is to me

I am thankful for...a husband healing quickly from malaria

From the learning rooms...hymn study "Take My Life and Let it Be", biography of Helen Keller, Sarah-angles, Benjamin-money,Olivia-reading graphs, Katherine-"On and Off" from "Slow and Steady..." , practicing piano again now that we have good electricity to run the keyboard, science experiments with light and color, studying the inception of labor unions

From the kitchen...breakfast-cranberry egg-bread braid that Sarah made yesterday & fruit smoothies, lunch-pasta salad, supper-curried lentils, coconut rice, green beans, watermelon, chocolate pudding with whipped cream

I am wearing...purple skirt, white t-shirt, gray choker seed necklace from Marulaon (my version of pearls), hair in a braid, and bare feet (my version of high heels)

I am creating...a meaningful and belated spiritual birthday party for Sarah and Benjamin to celebrate next week

I am going...to enjoy having lots of company while we are back in Honiara!


I am reading..."Mountain Breezes", collected poems of Amy Carmichael, an early birthday present from a sweet friend

I am hoping (and praying)...that the colds we brought back from Marulaon flee our bodies soon

I am hearing...roosters welcoming the day


Around the house...starting school back up today, making bagels with Olivia, washing sheets


One of my favorite things...washing dishes with Benjamin and talking about his hopes and dreams in a very grownup way while we diligently work

A few plans for the rest of the week: studying Lavukaleve and creating a personal language plan for each of us, baking snacks each day for the translators in the workshop, beginning to stock up on supplies to take out to Marulaon


Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Katherine and Olivia swinging and singing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" together

5 comments:

quilt'n-mama said...

I just want to hug those sweet girls of yours! Actually your whole family!
Love you guys!
The conard Crew

Herding Grasshoppers said...

What a fascinating life!

(I "found" your blog through Doug "Bubba the Rev" and Ann Hibbard, btw.)

Haven't had a chance to read back through very far, but I look forward to learning more. Your description of the greeting you received from the villagers sounded like something out of a movie... but the late Mac and Cheese dinner brought it right home :0)

Hope your internet connection holds up.

God be with you,

Julie

Anonymous said...

What a precious picture...it says so much of the loving relationships shared in your home. I love you all...good to talk to you yesterday and actually SEE those precious faces of the six of you.

Mom/Nahna

LISA said...

Thank you for the prayers and strings encouragement. I will be thinking of you tonight during this performance.
I am sure your sister knows how badly you wished you could have been with her this week.
Prayers for your husband and baby Rachel.
I bet your girls did enjoy Baby Island, especially since the had a true understanding of an island.
Have a blessed week!

The Hibbard Family said...

I absolutely love the picture of Olivia and Katherine! So precious!

Thanks again for the glimpse...one of these days we're going to come share a day and see those skinks! :-)