Friday, May 15, 2009

Basket Weaving (but not underwater)

Monday, May 11
When neighbors bring us lelenga, they usually put it in a traditional woven basket made for sharing food. So today, we asked Sarah (the current house girl), to teach my big girls how to make the basket. It was simple to make, and I foresee many baskets in our future!

Sunday, May 10
Happy Mother's Day to all of our mothers and grandmothers! We're so thankful to still have so many of our grandmothers still walking the earth who have passed on a godly heritage to my children. We didn't do much here since it isn't Mother's Day in the Solomon Island. The kids made cards and Sarah created coupons for me (with expiration dates, no less!).

1 comment:

Mich said...

How cool! What awesome things your children are learning and experiencing. I was a missionary kid, but I never appreciated the experience like I should have. I am so glad your family is really enjoying their adventures.