Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sweet birthday

Thanks to all of you who sent birthday wishes, boxes, cards, phone calls (I can't believe you called me, sis). We started the day by making ice cream! By mid-morning, the ice cream was still liquid, so we cheated and stuck it in the freezer. A precious family from SITAG left for furlough today, so Aaron went over to help them finish up the house, and then after lunch he and the big kids drove to the airport to see them off. We shared caramel brownies and ice cream mush with the SITAG crew for tea time, and then the director's wife came over to eat supper. And our friends from PNG grace our days until Saturday. My first birthday in the South Pacific was a marvelous day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to hear you had a good birthday. I guess it's still technically your birthday here and I was thinking about you! We've been thinking about you a lot and been wishing that we could spend time with you guys. Since we can't, I can at least wish you happy birthday wishes!

We love and miss you lots.

Ruthanne said...

Sounds lovely!

Mich said...

Happy Birthday!

TheHarriman Family said...

Happy Birthday, Joanna! I am so glad you had special friends there for your special day! I am thinking of you.

The Hibbard Family said...

How precious! So glad your day was so great.