Friday, May 15, 2009

Neighbors


I forgot to show you what Olivia was doing while Aaron was installing the solar panel. She had asked if she could go spend time with "Auntie Skita", and when I came out to take pictures of Aaron, I found her scrubbing clothes! My little girl is growing up so quickly.

We have some really sweet neighbors. Two of these girls live with their extended family just down the hill from us. Bernadine is the second from the right, and she was dropped when she was a baby. As a result, she is lame and her right arm is very weak. She has every right to be bitter and hard, yet I have never seen her without a sweet spirit and a big grin on her face. Bernadine loves to sit in the water on the beach and let the waves splash over her while her laugh rings out. Lord, may I have a malleable spirit like hers to accept everything You give me with joy!

No comments: