Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Grubs


Monday, April 20
We awoke at 6:00 to the clanging of the bell – 50 times, I counted. Turns out, the priest was in town for the day, so this was a special morning prayer with communion. Today, we began the monumental task of cleaning and sorting. I can't tell you how thankful I am for the family that came here before us. They made lifelong friends here, and we hear about them frequently. They also left many of their personal items here, and we need to sort through those. The washing machine doesn't seem to be working, so I will wait another day to do laundry. We brought enough clothes to last until tomorrow before I have to wash. Some of the guys began digging the hole for our kitchen and shower drain. They uncovered HUGE grubs which they pulled out. Not sure why...

No comments: