Sunday, May 24, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook


Please swing by Peggy's and create your own daybook to share.
For Today...May 25th



Outside my window...the sky is gray, birds are chirping, clothes are still on the line on the veranda



I am thinking...about all of the men and women who serve their country in the armed forces, thank you.



From the learning rooms...we're taking the week off to enjoy our company



I am thankful for...a sweet husband who arranged to fly some friends from Papua New Guinea here to celebrate my birthday this week, woohoo!!!



From the kitchen...to start the day, cinnamon raisin bagels (still trying to perfect this recipe), bierrocks for lunch, and tonight, chicken & veggie stirfry followed by strawberry jello for dessert



I am wearing...pink paisley cotton pajamas



I am (re)reading..."The Power of a Positive Mom" by Karol Ladd




I am hearing...the bell at St. Barnabas ringing for early morning prayer



I am hoping...that this week is a refreshing time for our friends staying with us



I am creating...next school year's composer and artist schedule and book list



I am praying...for my grandmother as she undergoes chemo



Around the house...everything but the daily necessities on hold for this week



One of my favorite things...laughing with my mom and sister over Skype



A few plans for the rest of the week...take our friends to the WWII United States Memorial, drink lots of tea, enjoy sweet fellowship



A picture to share with you...



Katherine after the painting fiasco, she turned the bath water green!

2 comments:

The Hibbard Family said...

When you perfect that bagel recipe, do share! Steven will be eternally grateful...

What a birthday week! YAY!

quilt'n-mama said...

Joanna-
We love making Bagels, Share your recipe and I'll share mine:)
Blessings,
Gayly